Management lessons from accomplished business leaders
Indigo Airlines, VP- Aditya Gosh (NASSCOM #EmergeOut Conference)
- Aditya was in J.Sagar Associates before joining Indigo Airlines
- Indigo Airlines has 6000 Employees
- He ordered 100 Plane on starting Indigo, it was one of the biggest order ever.
- Marketing : Was bagged by the biggest advertising budget in the airlines industry
- It takes 1000 small ideas and innovations to emerge out as a success in the long run.
- An example of small but effective innovation done by Indigo : 180 ppx off in 6 mins, earlier the average times for the established airlines was 20 minutes.
- Indigo keep its focus on the following three basics:
- Low Fares
- On time – everything
- Courteous, hassle-free experience
- How to make the employees feel, entrepreneur sprit.
- Focus on the Basics
- By having simple goals
- Aligning everything to help them achieve the goals
- To be better than the best at it.
- Indigo doesn’t have the frequent flyer. What did it result in?
- Create a structural advantage, by having a lower cost
- Keeping goals simple.
- Having a same type of airplane in large numbers – 180 Neos of Airbus, added to that structural advantage.
Venky’s HR Director –> Ram Mohan (NASSCOM #EmergeOut Conference)
- Hire Smarter people
- Find out the dark horse and invest time and money in them
- Understand emotions by challenging the status Qou
- When you screw up, be there, listen to people.
- Build really good service offerings.
- Follow-up things under you in atleast 2 to 3 months.